Follow the World Challenge blog and be inspired! We'll discuss the best destinations and treks, keep you up to date with the latest travel news and information about our events that may interest you.

Our Expedition Planning Managers (EPMs) travel all corners of the globe to check out new expedition routes. Follow their progress through some of our most exciting destinations.

For more information about our expeditions, visit the World Challenge website.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Matt in Ecuador

Hi Everyone!

I arrived into Quito in the early hours of the morning today after our flight got diverted to Guayaquil, it is something that happens from time to time due to poor weather, and whilst frustrating, the airline was very helpful and we all got here in the end. The altitude in Quito is notable but I know it is good acclimatisation for the trekking that I am going to be doing later on this week. The people of Quito are very friendly and the area that we stay in with World Challenge groups is very nice (La Mariscal), with a good selection of restaurants and a wide array of artisan goods to buy, I can see that I am going to have to buy lots of nik-naks for the team back in the office! I will update further once I have more news.

Matt.

No comments: