Follow the World Challenge blog and be inspired! We'll discuss the best destinations and treks, keep you up to date with the latest travel news and information about our events that may interest you.

Our Expedition Planning Managers (EPMs) travel all corners of the globe to check out new expedition routes. Follow their progress through some of our most exciting destinations.

For more information about our expeditions, visit the World Challenge website.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Leh - Trekkers Paradise

After my first blog I took the one hour flight north of Dehli to small town of Leh which sits sandwiched between the massive mountain ranges of the Himalayas to the south and the Karakoram to the north. The town is located at 3,600m on a dusty desert plateau and is a trekkers' paradise. Tomorrow I will be doing a technical recce for 9 days to open up trekking areas for our teams, and cannot wait to get into the vastness of this north Indian region. I am very jealous of all our teams going this summer and spending the best part of a month in this stunning area.

Whilst visiting projects yesterday I had the opportunity to visit a local festival where Ladakhis proudly demonstrated the different tranditional dances and costumes mainly to local school children audience for their education. Our In-country Agent and I were also invited to have lunch with the monks in the monastery which is the venue for one of our projects this year, and which sits perched on top of a hill with tremendous views of the Indus valley beneath and views of snow capped mountains above and around. This is an inspiring place to be and is in complete contrast to the bustle of Delhi I left behind a few days ago.

Will be in touch again once I get back from the mountains.

Take Care,

Holmes

1 comment:

Delhi tours said...

Awesome article, I am regular visitor of this website, keep up the good work, and I will be a regular visitor for a very long time.