Follow the World Challenge blog and be inspired! We'll discuss the best destinations and treks, keep you up to date with the latest travel news and information about our events that may interest you.

Our Expedition Planning Managers (EPMs) travel all corners of the globe to check out new expedition routes. Follow their progress through some of our most exciting destinations.

For more information about our expeditions, visit the World Challenge website.

Tuesday 9 August 2011

A Galapagos ending for Matt

There is a reason why our Ecuador expeditions are so popular at the moment (well, there’s actually many reasons, but this is amongst the top!) – The Galapagos!

I feel very fortunate to work for World Challenge most days but over the last few days that I have spent in the Galapagos I have felt that very strongly! It really is an amazing place and for the teams that are lucky enough to be coming over here there really is a treat in store. I have visited three of the islands that we go to, I have met with Lonesome George (the World’s most famous Giant Tortoise), I have swam with sea lions (who are my new favourite animal) and I have hiked up volcanic peaks to be treated to some breath-taking views. Hopefully the pictures that are included here are enough to convince you that it is worth coming, but all I can say is that it has been a truly amazing experience and the warmth of both the sun and the people has been a welcome end to the trip and a nice contrast to the cold high altitude temperatures that I found in Cotopaxi. My main Galapagos tip would have to be, make sure you save enough room for photo’s because there is lots to take pictures of. If however you want to try and get pictures of penguins swimming, I wish you luck, as you can see from my effort, I wasn’t very good at it!

Thank you Ecuador for an amazing time and I hope that you too get to see it soon.

No comments: